This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to fix error Save list as template missing in SharePoint Online.
Save list as template is a very good feature in SharePoint. We can reuse a SharePoint list by saving the list as template. Then we can download and uploaded into another site and can reuse it. But if you are working on SharePoint Online modern team sites, then you might not see the Save list as template option in the list settings page under Permissions and Management.
According to Microsoft, SharePoint Online group-connected team sites do not currently support list templates. For other SharePoint Online sites, enable scripting to use list templates.
Follow the below steps to enable Save list as template in a list in SharePoint Online modern team sites.
Run the below SharePoint Online management shell cmdlets.
Import-Module Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.Powershell $tenantName = "Yourtenantname" $SiteURL ="https://$($tenantName).sharepoint.com/sites/TSInfoModernSite" Connect-SPOService -Url "https://$($tenantName)-admin.sharepoint.com" Set-SPOsite $SiteURL -DenyAddAndCustomizePages 0
If in your Office 365 tenant, the custom script is already enabled then, after running the above cmdlets, you can be able to see the Save list as template option in SharePoint Online modern team sites.
But if you do not have custom scripts enabled then follow the below steps to enable custom script at the tenant level.
We can do this at the SharePoint Online admin center.
Open SharePoint admin center and if you are using the modern SharePoint admin center, then click on Settings from the left navigation and then click on Can’t find the setting you’re looking for? Go to the classic settings page like below:
This will open the Tenant Settings page, there search for Custom Script.
Here choose Allow users to run custom script on personal sites and Allow users to run custom script on self-service created sites radio button like below:
Alternatively, you can also access the Tenant Settings page directly like below:
Note: It may take 24 hours to reflect the changes, but usually it takes less time to reflect.
Once you enable custom script, now you can see the Save list as template option like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Access denied when clicking on Save list as template in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Sorry this site hasn’t been shared with you while save list as template in SharePoint 2013/2016
- The list is too large to save as a template. The size of a template cannot exceed 52428800 bytes SharePoint Online/2016/2013 save as a template error
- InfoPath cannot save the following form access denied SharePoint Online
- Delete All items from the SharePoint List using PnP core CSOM Library Programmatically
- Microsoft Flow Example: When a message is posted on a group, Create a SharePoint list item
- Display SharePoint Online List Items using a Content Search web part
- Term update failed because of save conflict SharePoint Online
- Add Calendar List in the Modern SharePoint Online Site Pages
- SharePoint Online Modern List: Explore 11 New Features
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
- Save list as template in SharePoint Online using PowerShell
I hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to solve save list as template missing in sharepoint online modern team site issue.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”