While I was trying to install SharePoint in window server 2016 I got error as “Window Server App Fabric: download error”. The error exactly comes when we run the prerequisitesinstaller.exe file. The error looks like below:
To over come this we have to follow some steps.
Windows Server Appfabric: download error
We can download Windows Server Appfabric offline and can configure app fabric. Follow the below steps:
Step-1: Then we have to download APPFABRIC 1.1 from this MSDN link.
Once downloaded run the exe file. Then after getting “Accept License Terms” page we have to click on “yes accept the terms in the license agreement” then click on next.
Step-2: In “Customer Experience” click on “No, I do not want to participate in the program” which is by default then click on next.
Step-3: In Microsoft update click on I do not want to use Microsoft update which is by default. Then click on next.
Step-4: In “features”, check the Runtime and Administration Tools checkboxes. Both need to be checked.
Step-5: In Confirmation, we have to click on Install.
Step-6: Here in progress, we have to wait for some time till installing App fabric 1.1 for the window server is installed.
Step-7: Once the installation over, “AppFabric Server Configuration Wizard” will start automatically like below:
Here click on Next.
Step-8: In the Configure Hosting Services also we do not need to change anything. Just click on Next like below:
Then in the Configure Application page check “Start Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager” checkbox like below:
Then click on Finish and the configuration will over. If this solution will not work, check this, windows server appfabric download error sharepoint 2016
Now when run the prerequisitesinstaller.exe again, the error will not come.
Read some SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2016 installation errors
- http error 400. the size of the request headers is too long. sharepoint online
- Server error: The version of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation running on the server is more recent than the version of SharePoint Designer you are using
- Microsoft .net framework 4.6 installation error SharePoint 2016
- The expected version of the product was not found on the system error while Installing SharePoint designer 2013
- microsoft sync framework runtime v1.0 sp1 (x64) download error sharepoint 2016
- microsoft sql server 2012 native client download error sharepoint 2016
- The RPC server is unavailable error in SharePoint 2016
I hope this SharePoint tutorial helps us to fix error Window Server App Fabric: download error.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”