In this Modern SharePoint Online tutorial, We will discuss how we can add a Calendar List in the Modern SharePoint Online Site Page. Also, we will see how we can add an “Events” Web Part to Modern SharePoint Site Page in SharePoint Online to display calendar list.
If you are new to SharePoint modern experience, then read a few SharePoint Online modern experience tutorial:
- SharePoint Online modern experience
- SharePoint Online Switch from classic experience to modern experience (List & Document Libraries)
- View in File Explorer is missing in SharePoint Online Modern document library
- SharePoint Online Modern List: Explore 11 New Features
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
- Quick Chart Web Part in Modern SharePoint Online Site
- Hero Web Part in SharePoint Online Modern Site
- How to Add List View Web Part in SharePoint Online Modern Site
In this below example, I have a SharePoint Online Calendar List as “TSInfoEvent“. In this TSInfoEvent Calendar List, I have some Company Events on specific dates. You can see the Calendar List (“TSInfoEvent“) as shown below.
I want to display this TSInfoEvent Calendar List in the Modern SharePoint Online Site Page. But by default, the calendar list will not appear in the lists web part in modern SharePoint sites.
The alternate way is we can use Events modern SharePoint web part to display the calendar events in it.
Add Calendar List in Modern SharePoint Online Site Page using Events web part
To add the Calendar List in Modern SharePoint Online Site Page, First of all, open your existing or new Modern Site Page. Add an “Events” Web Part to the Modern SharePoint Site Page using “+” option.
Once you will add the Events Web Part to the Modern SharePoint Online Site Page, It will appear like below screenshot. In that Events Web Part, You can directly enter the title of the event whereas I have entered “Company Events“.
To display the Calendar List in SharePoint Online Site Page, Click on “Edit” option which is present on the left side of the Events web part.
When you will click on the Edit option, An Events settings page will appear as shown below. Go to the “Events list” field and select your Calendar list from the dropdown. As in this example, I have “TSInfoEvent” Calendar list, So I have selected this Calendar list from the dropdown.
Once you will add your Calendar list, then the Calendar Events will display like the below screenshot. For this example, I have these below company events which is present in the Calendar list.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint Online: Cannot create a site page. please have your administrator enable the required feature on this site
- Create site page option missing in SharePoint Online modern sites
- Site pages library missing in SharePoint Online/2013/2016/2019
- How to set modern home page in classic SharePoint site in SharePoint Online Office 365?
- Embed PowerApps in Modern SharePoint Online Site Page
- [Solved] Column does not exist. it may have been deleted by another user error in SharePoint Online
- [Solved] Site assets library missing in SharePoint Online/2019/2016/2013
- Couldn’t restore site we couldn’t find the office 365 group connected to this site
Hence in this SharePoint Online tutorial, We discussed how we can add a Calendar List in the Modern SharePoint Online Site Page. Also, we saw how we can add an Events Web Part in the Modern SharePoint Online Site Page. Hope this will be helpful.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com