In this Microsoft Flow Tutorial, We will discuss an issue of incorrect time displaying at the time of sending an email alert notification. We will see why Microsoft flow Send an email showing wrong time for the SharePoint list column.
Send email shows wrong time in Microsoft Flow
I have a SharePoint List named “Access Registers“. This list has some columns with different data types. Within that, It has a Date Picker column including the Time.
As per my requirement, in the SharePoint List, When the item will create and the temperature (one of the column names) will above a certain value, then the flow will trigger and HR will get an email alert notification.
In the below screenshot, you can see the submitted item (Preeti) is having a Date (7/3/2020) with Time value as (4:23 AM).
But at the same time, an alert flow is triggering and HR is getting an email notification as shown below.
Here you can see, the time is showing as incorrect value that does not match with the created list item Date Time (In the above screen).
Microsoft flow send an email showing wrong time
To resolve this type of wrong time issue in Microsoft Flow Send an email, follow these below steps:
In the Microsoft flow, Add an action named “Convert time zone“. This action has some below fields as:
- Base time: Click on the Expression tab -> Enter utcNow() function -> Click on Ok
- Format string: It specifies which type of DateTime format you want to display in your email notification. Select the Date/Time pattern from the drop-down selection.
- Source time zone: Select the time zone of your Source place.
- Destination time zone: Select the time zone for your Destination place.
You can refer the below screenshot.
Go to the Send an email action. Choose the Date value as “Converted time” under the Dynamic content section and Save the flow.
Now again create an item in the SharePoint List and run the flow. Then in the Email notification, you can see the Date Time format will appear with the exact Destination value (including a perfect string format).
Also, you may like these below Microsoft Flow Tutorials:
- Microsoft Flow Example: When an item is created in SharePoint List, Send approval and create item
- Microsoft Flow: The execution of template action ‘Switch’ failed: The result of the evaluation of ‘scope’ action expression ‘@triggerBody()?[‘ApprovalStatus’] is not valid.
- [Solved] The ETag of this item does not match the one used for setting content approval status error in Microsoft Flow
- How to run Microsoft Flow on Schedule
- Microsoft Flow Example: Automatically create a profile for a new candidate
- Microsoft Flow Example: When a message is posted on a group, Create a SharePoint list item
- Microsoft Flow Example: Product Notification Approval Flow
- Microsoft flow copy list items to another list
- How to get manager email or name in Microsoft Flow (Power Automate)
- Create a Custom Document Template from SharePoint List using Microsoft Flow
In this Microsoft Flow Tutorial, We discussed how to resolve Microsoft flow Send an email showing wrong time for the SharePoint list column.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com