Here in this SharePoint tutorial, We will discuss how to directly save the Excel File into SharePoint Online document library. The same way we can save excel into SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010.
Here In this screenshot, To save the Excel File into SharePoint Online Library, Follow the below steps.
- Open your Excel File which you want to save directly into SharePoint Online document library.
- Then go to the “File” option of that Excel File. Click on to “Save As” option.
- After clicking “Save As” option, Go to the “Browse” option for saving the SharePoint Online where you want to put that Excel File.
- Then enter a File name in the “File name” field and Save the File as “Excel Workbook” type from the “Save as type” drop-down.
- Then copy the SharePoint Online Site Url and paste that URL field.
You can follow by looking below the screenshot.
Once you click on the Save button, it will ask you to put the credentials to connect to SharePoint online site. Enter the username and password.
Then it will display the libraries presented inside the SharePoint online site. Select the document library where you want to save.
Then if you have any folders or document sets are there, it will display all the folders or document sets where you can save the file. Here I am saving the file in the document library itself.
Now if you will open the SharePoint document library in the browser, you can see the excel document in the document library.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Export Power BI Reports to Excel
- Create a canvas app from Excel in Power Apps (Step by Step tutorial)
- Create a Power BI report from Excel using Power BI Desktop
- Import excel spreadsheet into SharePoint list 2013
- How to export excel table to SharePoint List
- How to create and use Power BI Bookmarks
- How to Create a Canvas app from SharePoint List in Power Apps
- Create PowerApps App for SharePoint List
- Power bi shared dataset permissions management
- Document Co-Authoring in SharePoint Online
- Microsoft Flow Example: Email notification after approval from a SharePoint list
- How to add Link to a Document library in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- SharePoint 2016 usage analytics
- Create Bulk Users in Office 365 (from CSV File)
Here we discussed how can we directly save an Excel File into SharePoint Online document library in SharePoint online 2016. The same way we can save excel files to SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010 document library also.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”