This SharePoint Online Office 365 tutorial explains, how to disable or enable user account in Office 365. I will show you how to block sign-in and unblock sign-in in Office 365 SharePoint Online from Office 365 admin center.
If you are new to Office 365, then you can sign up for an Office 365 trial and then you can add some users into Office 365 SharePoint Online. Then the users can access SharePoint Online or other services.
But suppose the user left the company or for some reason, you may want to block sign-in of the user in Office 365. Follow the below steps to disable a user account in Office 365.
Disable user account or Block sign-in in Office 365
First, we will discuss how to disable a user account in Office 365 or how to block sign-in in Office 365 user account in Office 365 SharePoint Online.
Open the Microsoft 365 Admin Centre. Select Users and click on the Active users like below:
Select a particular user from the list of active users in Office 365.
Here I have selected the User2. On the top of the User2 page, we can able to see “Block sign-in“.Click on “Block sign-in” like below.
Click on “Block the user from signing in“. If the User 2 is now logged in then the user 2 will automatically signed out from Microsoft service within 60 minutes. Click on Save.
We will get a message “Sign-in status was updated from allowed to blocked” in Office 365.
Enable user account or Unblock sign-in in Office 365
Now we will see how we can enable user account or unblock sign-in in Office 365 SharePoint Online.
To unblock the user go to “Active user” like above in Office 365 Admin center.
Select the particular user and Click on “Unblock sign-in” button like below:
Now chose “Allow the user to sign in” radio button in Edit Sign-in status like below. Click on Save.
This Allow user will take 15 minutes to take effect.
We will get a message that “Sign-in status was updated from blocked to allowed“.
After this, the Office 365 user will be able to sign in to Office 365 account or SharePoint Online site.
You may like following Office 365 tutorials:
- How to add customized help desk information to Office 365 help pane
- How to Set Office 365 Password Policy
- How to Change Office 365 Theme
- How to set up self-service password reset in Office 365
- Office 365: Change Organization Name and Contact Details
- How to add a new user and assign a license in Office 365
- Office 365 DLP Policy Stuck Deleting Security & Compliance Center
- Steps to Migrate email from one Office 365 tenant to another Office 365 tenant
- Create Bulk Users in Office 365 (from CSV File)
- What is Shared mailbox in Office 365?
- How to Add Nintex forms for Office 365 to SharePoint Online Sites?
- Why Companies are Switching from Google Apps to Office 365
- How to Customize Office 365 login page SharePoint Online
Here we have discussed how to disable/enable user account in Office 365. How we can Allow sign in or block sign-in for user account in Office 365 SharePoint Online.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com