In this Power BI Tutorial, We will discuss a Power BI error as “Remove Blank from a Power BI Slicer“.
Blank value in Power bi slicer
Many of the Power BI Developers may get this type of issue while they are using Power BI Slicer. When they are providing any field value into the Power BI Slicer, they can see some null values as “Blank” in the Slicer.
Similarly, I also got the same Blank value when I have used a Person field in the Slicer. In the below screenshot, you can see a Blank field is inserting automatically into the Slicer which should not be.
Remove blank from power bi slicer
To solve this issue from the Power BI Slicer, We need to follow these below processes:
First of all, Expand the Filters pane (from the Right side of the Power BI Report page) and add the Person field (for me, I am using a Person field in the Slicer) into the “Filters on this page” as shown below.
Just drag the Person field (FirstName) and drop into the Filters on this page. Then do these below things:
- Select “Advanced filtering” under the “Filter type” section.
- Select “is not blank” under the “Show items when the value” section.
- Click on the Apply filter button.
When you will apply the filter, then you can see the Blank value has been removed from the Power BI Slicer as like the below screenshot.
Also, you may like these below Power BI Tutorials:
- Difference between USERNAME() and USERPRINCIPALNAME() in Power BI Dax
- How to create and use Power BI Bookmarks
- What is the difference between calculated column and measure in Power BI
- Power bi free vs pro vs premium
- How to use weekday function power bi with example
- Contact your admin to enable embed code creation Power bi
- Power BI convert hours to minutes
- Get Month Name from Month Number in Power BI
In this Power BI Tutorial, We discussed a Power BI error as “remove blank from power bi slicer”.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”