In this Microsoft Power BI Tutorial, We will discuss how to convert hours to minutes in the Power BI Report.
By taking a simple example, I will show you how you can get minutes from Hours in the Power BI Report.
Power bi convert hours to minutes
In this example, I have a SharePoint Online List details name as Budgets. This SharePoint Online Budget list has below columns as:
- Customer Name (By default it is a Title column)
- BUD_AMOUNT (Currency Data type)
- Budget Month (Number Data type)
- Budget Year (Single line of Text Data type)
- BUD_PROCESS_TIME (Single line of Text Data type)
You can see the Budgets list in the below screenshot. Here in this list, the BUD_PROCESS_TIME (Single line of text) column is appearing in the below format:
2:10:00 AM where 2 represents as Hours, 10 represents as Minutes and 00 represents as Seconds as shown in the below screenshot.
When you will create a report in the Power BI Desktop and add this BUD_PROCESS_TIME column in the Table visualization, then you can see only in the time format as shown below screenshot.
As per my example, I want to view this time in the minute format. Follow this below process to convert it as a Minute format.
In the Power BI Desktop page, Go to the Modeling tab and click on the New Column under the Calculations section as like the below screenshot.
Once you will click on New Column, then a formula bar will appear where you have to apply the below formula to get the time in the minute format.
Time Column = HOUR(Budgets[BUD_PROCESS_TIME])*60+MINUTE(Budgets[BUD_PROCESS_TIME])
Here, Budgets is the Data table name and BUD_PROCESS_TIME is the list column where the value represents as 2:10:00 AM.
Also, you can follow the below screenshot to add the Minute formula in the formula bar.
When you applied the above formula in the formula bar, then a new column (Time Column) will be added to the Budgets table. You can see that new column (Time Column) as shown below.
When you will add this new column (Time Column) to the Table visualization Value, then that column values will appear as a Minute value instead of the Hours.
In the below screenshot, you can see the new column (Time Column) with the Minute values.
Also, You may like the following Power BI tutorials:
- Power BI convert yyyymmdd to date
- Get Month Name from Month Number in Power BI
- How to use Power BI sync slicers
- SharePoint List Calculated Column Division #DIV/0!
- Power BI Calculated Column Example
- Power bi conditional column example
- How to split column in Power bi
- How to change data source in Power Bi
- Scheduled Power BI report data refresh
- Power BI nan error (Not a number) while dividing by Zero
- Power BI report using People Picker Field
- Power BI Measure Sum and Subtract Example
- Power BI Admin Portal
- Power BI Quick Insights
- Power BI Group By Examples
Here in this Microsoft Power BI Tutorial, We discussed power bi convert hours to minutes.
By taking a simple example, I have explained to you how to get minutes from Hours in the Power BI Report.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”