In this PowerApps Tutorial, We will discuss what does the mean of the PowerApps Employee Engagement Survey, What are the different ways to create a survey for PowerApps, and How to create a new PowerApps form using the Employee Engagement Survey template.
Also, We will see how to add a PowerApps Timer control to the Employee Engagement Survey template in the PowerApps.
Power Apps Employee Engagement Survey
- At first, all you need to know is, what is Employee Engagement? As we all know that an organization consists of a number of employees and at the same time also you should know that whether they are happy or not by satisfying with their job. And at last, you must know that whether they are truly engaged or not?
- Overall we can say the Employee Engagement is a drive where we should know the employee has given all the work each day and put it at its best.
- All the engaged employees can do the work hard because they help and supports the company to reach its goals.
- For all the organization employees, we can make a survey report where they can put their thoughts, feedbacks towards their work and the overall environment.
- To make this Employee Engagement Survey, we are using Microsoft PowerApps. Here we can make the survey app and we can tell the employees to give their original thoughts about their work.
Various ways to create a survey for PowerApps
There are two different ways to create the PowerApps Survey as:
- By using the PowerApps Employee Engagement Survey template
- By using the PowerApps Canvas App
Create PowerApps form using the Employee Engagement Survey template
in this scenario, to create a PowerApps form, We will take the PowerApps template named Employee Engagement Survey. Also, we will use the PowerApps timer control on the PowerApps form.
Another thing we will see is, how to add the timer for each screen in the PowerApps designer page. So that the pages are navigating automatically depending on the timer. Refer to the below things.
- First, Sign in with your credentials in “PowerApps.com“. Go to the App launcher-> Click on the Apps. Next click on Create an app -> click on Canvas.
- In the App template, all the PowerApps sample template are available. Select App template -> click on Phone layout.
- Select the “Employee Engagement Survey” from the list of PowerApps templates. Next Click on Use.
- Before going to use the Employee Engagement Survey, we need to know What is the Employee Engagement Survey template.
Also, check out, PowerApps CountIf Function with Examples.
Employee Engagement Survey template in PowerApps
- PowerApps Employee Engagement Survey template is nothing but a sample template provided by Microsoft in PowerApps. The Employee Engagement Survey template consists of 5 questions, we can Share with employees of our organization to get their valuable feedback for the company.
- Now our PowerApps is developed using the “Employee Engagement Survey ” template.
Read Power Apps RSS Feed
How To add Timer Control in the “Employee Engagement Survey” Template
- Now we will see how to add the timer control to the PowerApps Employee engagement survey form. Here I want to set the time duration using the time control for each question. After 30 seconds we will see the next question. From one question to the next question time interval is 30 seconds.
To do that follow the below steps.
Select Question_1 from the left panel, Select Insert tab, and then Click on Timer from the Controls.
To add the control select the Question, Select Insert and click on Label from the Text control.
I have renamed the “Question_1” to “Question1”. In the Label contro in the Text properties, I have added the rule “Next question will come after 30 second “&RoundUp(30-TimerForQuestion1.value/1000,0)&”sec”. The
TimerForQuestion1 is the name for Timer control I have renamed the Timer control.
Now, I have set the duration time to 30 seconds in the formula bar for the Duration property.
In the Timer control, I have set the Value true for the Autostart property.
Select OnTimeEnd property of Timer control and set the rule as “Navigate(Question2,Fade)”.
To hide the Time controller set the Visible property to False. Now the timer control will hide for the Question1.
Output-1: The Output screen will look like below. Click on “Get started”.
Output-2: Click on Next button for the Question1.
Output-3: After 30 seconds the page will move to the second question.
Output-4: Submit the value and click on Next.
Output-5: Submit the value and click on Next.
Output-6: Submit the value and click on Next.
Output-7: Enter comments in the text box and give rating to this app.
The feedback will store in the data source connection. Check the data source connection from the view. Here my data source connection is in one drive so the feedback will save to O
You may read following PowerApps tutorials:
- PowerApps Send an Email on Submit Button
- Create a PowerApps App from PowerApps template
- How to Customize SharePoint Online List form using PowerApps
- Microsoft PowerApps: Create Login Screen
- Embed PowerApps in Modern SharePoint Online Site Page
- Display SharePoint Online List Columns in multiple screens in Microsoft PowerApps
- PowerApps submit form to SharePoint Online list
- Microsoft PowerApps Radio Button Example
- PowerApps Media Control
- Power Apps Search Gallery
In this PowerApps Tutorial, We discussed what is PowerApps Employee Engagement Survey, What are the different ways to create a survey for PowerApps, and How to create a new PowerApps form using the Employee Engagement Survey template.
Also, We saw how to add a PowerApps Timer control to the Employee Engagement Survey template in the PowerApps.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (8 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 15 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com