This PowerApps tutorial explains, how to solve Getting your data PowerApps error.
Recently, I created a PowerApps form using PowerApps, where user can submit an item to a SharePoint Online list using the NewForm.
But after the forms submit an item, then it shows a message like: “Getting your data”. Check out the screen like below:
PowerApps getting your data
But here our business requirement was to show a blank NewForm after users Submit the item.
Once the App got created, add an Edit form control to the form. In the form, Insert -> Forms -> Edit.
Then Connect to SharePoint “ProjectBudget” list Data source. After connecting to data source we will get the form in the “Screen1″(default screen).
Then I have added one-button control to the form. From Insert -> Controls -> Button. Set the Text property of a button to “Submit”. Submit button OnSelect property I have added the below formula.
So that when the user will fill all the fields and click on Submit, the item will save to the list as well as the new form will show in the App with a clear field.
In the below screenshot I have filled out all the fields and click on “Submit”.
The items will be saved to the List and NewForm will open with clear all the fields.
But the problem is when we left the Title box as blank and filled out other fields and click on “Submit”, then the items will not save to the list because the title is a mandatory field.
I have clicked on the “Submit”, I got the error message. And clear all the fields. That should not be. When the title will blank then the other fields should not be cleared. So we need to add logic in the submit button click.
"Submit button"-> Onselect->If(!IsBlank(DataCardValue1),SubmitForm(Form1);ResetForm(Form1);NewForm(Form1),false)
The DataCardValue1 is the Title column Data card name. I wrote when the title column is not blank then submit and reset the form otherwise false.
When I leave the title as blank and click on Submit nothing will happen. But when we have filled the title field and click on Submit, then the data will save to the list and clear all the fields in the form.
You may also like following PowerApps tutorial:
- PowerApps Send an Email on Submit Button
- How to Customize SharePoint Online List form using PowerApps
- Microsoft PowerApps: Get Current Logged In User Details like Email ID, UserName in SharePoint Online
- Microsoft PowerApps: Create Login Screen
- Working with PowerApps Collection
- How to create tabs in PowerApps in SharePoint Online List Form
- PowerApps: Create a navigation menu using the Gallery Control
- PowerApps navigate between screens
- PowerApps upload file to SharePoint Online document library using Microsoft Flow
- Customize SharePoint Online list forms like new, edit and display form using Microsoft PowerApps
- PowerApps Media Control
- PowerApps Employee Engagement Survey Example
- Microsoft PowerApps Radio Button Example
- Display SharePoint Online List Columns in multiple screens in Microsoft PowerApps
- Embed PowerApps in Modern SharePoint Online Site Page
- PowerApps gallery control filter example
Hope this PowerApps tutorial explains, how to resolve getting your data error PowerApps.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com