This flow tutorial explains microsoft flow change true to yes, basically we will see how to change true to yes in Microsoft flow or Power Automate. Also, we will see how to convert boolean to string in Microsoft flow.
Recently, we were trying to send an email using Microsoft flow and there in the email body we want to change true to yes and false to no in the Microsoft flow email action.
Microsoft flow change true to yes
I have a SharePoint List named “Access Registers“. This list has some columns with different data types. It also has some Yes/No fields data type columns.
All the Yes/No fields, you can see in the below screenshot those are present in the SharePoint List.
As per my requirement, I want to display all these above Yes/No fields in the email notification using the Microsoft flow as True/False.
That means, When I will create an item in the SharePoint List, then at the same time flow will run and it will send an email notification with these Yes/No field values.
But the problem is, When I am directly taking these SharePoint fields (Yes/No fields from Dynamic content) in the flow Email notification, then a True/False value is appearing instead of Yes/No value that was not my requirement.
To convert the True/False value to Yes/No in Microsoft Flow Send Email Notification, We need to do this below thing as:
Go to the Send an email action -> Click on one of the Yes/No field as like (“Washed Your Hands“) -> Go to Expression tab and put this below formula as:
‘WashedYourHands’ = Internal name of the Yes/No field column from the SharePoint list
You can refer the below screenshot.
Once it is done, Just Save the Microsoft flow and again do a test for it. Now you can see, your all the Yes/No fields will be converted from True/False value to Yes/No value as shown below.
Microsoft flow convert boolean to string
Similarly, you may require sometimes to convert boolean to string in Microsoft flow.
We can easily convert microsoft flow convert boolean (true or false) to Yes or No field by using an IF function.
We can do the same way, Microsoft flow convert boolean to string.
if(equals(triggerBody()?['You Internal Name of column'],True),'Yes','No')
This way we can easily change the microsoft flow convert boolean to string, that is from yes/no to string value.
Also, you may like these below Microsoft Flow Tutorials:
- Microsoft Flow Example: Automatically create a profile for a new candidate
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy new files from your PC to SharePoint Online Document Library
- Microsoft Flow Example: Email notification after approval from a SharePoint list
- Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added using Microsoft Power Automate or Flow
- How to get manager email or name in Microsoft Flow (Power Automate)
- Create a Custom Document Template from SharePoint List using Microsoft Flow
- Microsoft Flow Example: When an item is created in SharePoint List, Send approval and create item
- Microsoft Flow: The execution of template action ‘Switch’ failed: The result of the evaluation of ‘scope’ action expression ‘@triggerBody()?[‘ApprovalStatus’] is not valid.
- [Solved] The ETag of this item does not match the one used for setting content approval status error in Microsoft Flow
- How to run Microsoft Flow on Schedule
In this tutorial, we learned how to change true to yes in Microsoft flow. Easily, we can do Microsoft flow change true to yes. This is how we can do Microsoft flow condition yes/no from true/false.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (8 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 15 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com