In this Microsoft Teams tutorial, we will see, how to fix the error, You don’t have permission to create private meetings in Microsoft Teams.
You don’t have permission to create private meetings
While trying to create a meeting in Microsoft Teams, I received an error message that says, You don’t have permission to create private meetings. It looks like below:
Here it does not allow me to enter any attendees (invite people) for the teams meeting. It does not allow me to create a private meeting in Teams.
To fix the error, follow the below steps:
- Open Microsoft Teams Admin center (https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/). Then expand, Meetings -> Meeting policies and then click on Global (Org-wide default) like below:
- Then in General section, enable the options “Private meeting scheduling“. The option should be in On like below:
- If this option is already On, then just re-enable once and then click on Save.
Note: From my personal experience, it might take a few hours to reflect on the changes.
After then when you will open Microsoft Teams and create a meeting, you will not see the error. It will allow you to enter the attendees.
This is how to fix the error, You don’t have permission to create private meetings that comes while trying to create a meeting in Microsoft Teams. Hope it solves error, teams you don’t have permissions to create private meetings.
You may also like the following Microsoft Teams tutorials:
- How to create a team in Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams Tips and Tricks
- How to create a private channel in Microsoft Teams
- How to connect to Microsoft Teams using PowerShell
- Add new meeting and live event policies in Microsoft Teams
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com