In this Microsoft Power Automate or Flow tutorial, we will discuss how to create a Microsoft Flow in SharePoint online modern list and also we will see how to use “Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added” Microsoft Flow template.
I have also created a video tutorial on Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added Microsoft Flow template example.
Here is the video tutorial on how to use Microsoft flow template “Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added”. If you like the video Subscribe to EnjoySharePoint YouTube Channel now.
Check Out Microsoft Flow and PowerApps Video Training Course (Lifetime Access)
Now we will see how to create a Flow in SharePoint Online modern list.
Open SharePoint Online modern list, If you have the classic look and feel coming in the SharePoint list, then check How to move from classic to modern experience in SharePoint online list or document library?.
For creating a Flow in the Modern SharePoint List, Just go to the “Flow” option which is present at the top of the List. Then select the “Create a flow” option from the “Flow” drop-down like the below screenshot.
After clicking the “Create a Flow” option, A Microsoft flow page will display where you have to chose a template for starting the flow process. There are many numbers of Microsoft flow templates are present like-
- “Send a Customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added”
- “Start approval when a new item is added”
- Request manager approval for a selected item” etc.
Here I have selected a template as “Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added” like below screenshot.
Here in this below screenshot, A Microsoft Flow welcome page will display (If first time you are setting up the flow) where you have to choose your country or region from the drop-down and check the checkbox of “Its OK to send me occasional promotional emails”. Then click on to “Get Started” option for starting the Microsoft flow of the Modern SharePoint List.
After starting the Microsoft Flow or Power Automate, A page will appear like the below screenshot. Here it is saying that when a new item will add into the SharePoint list, then a customized email will get yourself or someone else.
Here in this below screenshot, It is representing that the flow will connect to that particular user only i.e “Preeti@****”. Then after click on to “Create Flow” option for creating the Microsoft Flow of the SharePoint List.
If you want to edit the description of the flow, then just click on to the “Edit description” which is present in the below screenshot. If you want to see the analytics of the flow, then you can see the analytics by using “See analytics” option. When the run will flow, then you can see its history by using the “RUN HISTORY” option.
Here, You can also add the multiple numbers of Owner by using the “Add another owner” option of “OWNERS” which is present at the bottom of the page like the below screenshot.
Also, you can edit the flow by using the “Edit flow” which is present at the top of the flow page. Just click on that “Edit flow” option.
Here you can see the full process of that Microsoft flow. If you want to add some new steps, then click on “+New step” option and select your particular action or condition whichever you want by using “Add an action” and “Add a condition” option like the below red highlighted one.
Similarly, If you want to add any case option or any scope option, Then click on to “…” option. From that option, You can select any case or scope option whatever you want like below black highlighted one.
Test Microsoft Flow
Now we have to check the Microsoft flow of the Modern SharePoint List whether it is working or not. So for that, I have created a new item in the SharePoint List as “Lakshmi” like the below screenshot.
After adding the item to the SharePoint List, A Customized email will get the user within a few seconds that a new item was added in the SharePoint List with the creator name and as well as time and date of the creation of that item like the below screenshot. Hence, you can know that your Microsoft flow is working properly.
Read few Microsoft Flow Examples:
- Microsoft Flow Copy files from one SharePoint Online account or folder to another Office 365
- How to check for error in Microsoft Flow in Office 365?
- Microsoft Flow Send approval email when a new item is added demo
- Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library Flow Sample
- Microsoft Flow Example Save tweets that include the specific hashtag to a SharePoint list
- Microsoft flow Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library Configuration
- How to run Microsoft Flow on Schedule
- Create a Custom Document Template from SharePoint List using Microsoft Flow
- Microsoft Flow Example: Product Notification Approval Flow
- Microsoft flow copy list items to another list
- An entry without a type name was found, but no expected type was specified error in Microsoft Flow
- Microsoft Flow: The execution of template action ‘Switch’ failed: The result of the evaluation of ‘scope’ action expression ‘@triggerBody()?[‘ApprovalStatus’] is not valid.
- Microsoft Flow Example: When an item is created in SharePoint List, Send approval and create item
Hence we discussed what is a Microsoft Flow in Modern SharePoint List and how to create a Microsoft Flow in the Modern SharePoint List? And a Microsoft Flow demo on Send a Customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added. Hope this will be helpful.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com