In this tutorial, we will discuss how to fix the error, The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet.
The above error comes while working with Office 365 users from PowerShell. The complete error message comes as Get-MsolUser : The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
The error comes while executing the Get-MsolUser Azure AD PowerShell command to fetch Office 365 users.
Follow the below steps to fix the issue.
Download and install the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant for IT Professionals RTW from this MSDN URL. The Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant provides end-user sign-in capabilities to Microsoft Online Services, such as Office 365.
Once the installation is over, you can verify in the control panel.
Then Open Windows PowerShell in administrator mode and run the following command.
Install-Module MSOnline -Force
Now you can run the below command,
Once you run the above command, it will ask you to enter the credentials, make sure to enter the global Office 365 admin account.
You may like the following PowerShell article:
- How to use PowerShell get-date cmdlets (PowerShell get date)
- Connect-PnPOnline : The ‘Connect-PnPOnline’ command was found in the module ‘SharePointPnPPowerShellOnline’
- PowerShell SharePoint Online: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden
- PowerShell cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system windows 10
- connect-sposervice the term ‘connect-sposervice’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- The term ‘get-spweb’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function PowerShell SharePoint error
- Install-Module : The term ‘Install-Module’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program
- The term is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function PowerShell
- net System error 2240 has occurred The user is not allowed to log on from this workstation error in PowerShell SharePoint Online
- Microsoft has enabled security defaults to keep your account secure Office 365
This article we learned how to solved the error, The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (8 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 15 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com