In this tutorial, we will discuss the list filter web part sharepoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint Online.
We will also see, how to work with a SharePoint list filter web part and how to give a connection and configure to sharepoint list filter web part with an example.
We will also see, how to configure and use the list filter web part in SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2013/2016.
SharePoint Online tutorial contents:
SharePoint List Filter is a type of filter which is used to filter the data or records from the lookup column of a List.
To configure a Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint, follow these below steps-
First create a SharePoint List (VendorList) which will be having few columns like:
- Vendor name
- Vendor Category
- Vendor ID
Create another List (Vendor Payment List) which is having a Look-Up column of the Master List. This list is having a lookup column as “Vendor:VendorID” of the “Vendor List”(master list).
Now, open a SharePoint web part page, click on to the Add a Web Part. Then from the web part categories, select Apps -> Vendor Payment List.
After adding the Web Part, here it will show the lookup list named “Vendor Payment List” like as below screenshot.
Again go to another Web Part and select the “Filters” option from “Categories” and then “SharePoint List Filter” from the “Parts” and click on to “Add” for adding the SharePoint Filter Web Part.
Here click on to the “Open the tool pane” in the SharePoint List Filter.
Go to the “List” of tool pane in SharePoint List Filter as I shown in below.
Here, select the VendorList as shown below, click on Insert.
Here it will come the URL of that List. select the “View” as “Full list view”, select the “Value field” as “Vendor Name” and select “Description field” as “Vendor Name”. Then go to “Apply” and “ok”.
Go to the “SharePoint List Filter” of “Left column”. Then click on “.” An option which is present in the right side of “SharePoint List Filter”. Go to the “connections”, then click on “Send Filter Values To” and “VendorPaymentList” as below.
After connecting, a message box will appear at the top of the page, here we have to select “Get Filter Values From” and then click on to “Configure” for configuring the SharePoint List Filter.
In this “Configure Connection”, choose the Choice Filter as “Vendor” and then click on to “Finish” for finishing the configuration as like below screenshot.
After “Stop Editing”, Here it will show the “SharePoint List Filter” and as well as “Vendor Payment List” page as like below.
Click on Browse option for browsing which is present at the right side of “SharePoint List Filter”. here I wanted to check the record details/ Filter Values of “Preeti”. so I selected the option as “Preeti” and clicked on “ok”.
Here we can see the filter values or record details of “Preeti” as like below screenshot.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
In this tutorial, we learned what is a SharePoint List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint Online, how to work with a SharePoint Filter Web Part and how to give a connection and configure to SharePoint List Filter web part with an example in SharePoint 2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com