In this PowerApps tutorial, how to use PowerApps toggle control with example. This is also known as PowerApps toggle switch control.
We will also check, change toggle to yes/no in PowerApps as well as how to change powerapps toggle button text.
PowerApps Toggle Control
PowerApps toggle control works the same way as a checkbox. We can use PowerApps Toggle Control to turn on and off using its handle.
Toggle control is a switch in PowerApps. By using this switch control, a user can turn on or turn off the toggle switch by using its handle.
We will see here how to use PowerApps toggle yes/no.
Add Toggle Control to PowerApps Screen
By taking a simple example, I will show you how you can add PowerApps toggle control and how to use it in a PowerApps Screen.
You can easily add a Toggle control in your Powerapps Edit form. Go to Insert tab -> Input -> Select Toggle control. Then you can see the Toggle switch control will be added in your PowerApps screen/form.
In this example, I will take a Toggle control and one Label input control. What I will do is, I will set a condition formula in the Label control.
Based upon the Toggle switch value as On/Off, the label will display that specific condition value.
In the below screenshot, you can see a toggle control has been added to the Powerapps screen.
Just rename the toggle switch to “Powerapps Course Discount“. For renaming the Toggle switch control, click on more (…) option and then Rename.
Also, you can rename the toggle switch by double-clicking on it.
Similarly, add a Label control (Insert -> Label) and apply the below formula on its Text property as:
Text = If('Powerapps Course Discount'.Value = true, "Price: $100", "Price: $500")
“Powerapps Course Discount” = Toggle switch Name
This above formula specifies, if the toggle switch (Powerapps Course Discount) is On, then, the Price will be $100 otherwise it will be $500.
Save and Publish the PowerApps app. Then preview the app by using the F5 button. When you will do the toggle switch value as “On“, then you can see the Price value will be automatically changed to “$100” depending on the condition as shown below.
PowerApps toggle control Properties
Below are some important PowerApps toggle control Properties:
- BorderColor: It provides color to the control’s border.
- DisplayMode: It allows whether it is in Edit mode, View mode, or in Disable mode.
- DisabledBorderColor: If the control’s DisplayMode property is Disabled, then it specifies a color to the control’s border.
- FalseFill: When the Toggle switch control is off, then the toggle fills with color.
- FalseHoverFill: When the Toggle switch control is off, then the toggle hover fills with color.
- FalseText: It helps to show the text value when the toggle switch is off.
- Fill: It provides the background color of a toggle control.
- HandleFill: It provides the color to the toggle handle.
- OnChange: When the user changes the value of a control, then it specifies how the app responds.
- OnCheck: When the toggle value changes to true, then it specifies how the app responds.
- OnSelect: It specifies how the app responds when the user hits the control.
- OnUncheck: It specifies how the app responds when the user changes the control value to false.
- Reset: It helps the control backs to its default value.
- TrueFill: When the toggle switch is on, then the toggle fills with color.
- TrueHoverFill: When the toggle switch is on, then the toggle hover fills with color.
- TrueText: It helps to show the text value when the toggle switch is on.
- Visible: It specifies whether the toggle switch control is displaying or hidden.
PowerApps change on off to yes/no
Normally when you will add a Toggle switch control in your Powerapps edit form, it shows the text value either as On or Off. But, In some cases, you may require the Toggle text value as Yes or No instead of On or Off.
Let us see PowerApps change toggle to yes/no or PowerApps change toggle to yes/no.
To resolve this issue, Powerapps provides two toggle properties options as “TrueText” and “FalseText“. By using both properties, you can easily convert the Toggle text value like Yes/No, True/False, or On/Off as per your need.
For example, I have a SharePoint List and it has some Yes/No field columns. Below screenshot represents all the SharePoint Yes/No fields:
When I have added all these Yes/No fields in the Powerapps Edit form, then all the toggle text value appears with “On/Off” instead of “Yes/No“. The Powerapps edit form looks like below screenshot:
To convert this Toggle text value from On/Off to Yes/No, you need to do these below things:
Change PowerApps Toggle Text from On to Yes
In the Powerapps edit form, just select any one of your toggle data cards that you want to convert the text value from On to Yes. Apply the below formula on its TrueText property as:
TrueText = "Yes"
By default, the TrueText value was “On”. You can refer to the below screenshot.
Change PowerApps Toggle Text from Off to No
Similarly, to convert the text value from Off to No, just select any one of your toggle data cards that you want to change and apply the below formula on its FalseText property as:
FalseText = "No"
By default, the FalseText value was “Off”. You can refer to the below screenshot.
Once it is done, just Save and Publish the Powerapps app.
Preview the Powerapps app:
When you will Preview (F5) the app, then you can see all the toggle text values are changed from On/Off to Yes/No as shown below.
Also, you may like these below Power Apps Tutorials:
- PowerApps show hide fields based on Yes/No column
- PowerApps gallery control filter example
- How to format number as currency in PowerApps
- How to Create PowerApps GridView
- How to use date time picker in PowerApps
- How to create PowerApps collection from Excel
- PowerApps charts (Column, Line and Pie Chart)
- PowerApps Collection: Add, Update, Remove and Filter items
- How to display images from a SharePoint Online library in PowerApps
- How to share PowerApps with external users
- PowerApps Timer Control: How to use + start and reset with button
- PowerApps Validation: 8 Examples
In this tutorial, we learned how to use PowerApps toggle control in PowerApps App. Then we will see how to change PowerApps toggle to yes/no or change on off to yes/no in PowerApps toggle control. Also, we discussed how to change text PowerApps toggle control.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com