This Power BI article will explain to you how to resolve the “Access to the resource is forbidden” issue while passing the site URL in Power BI desktop.
If you are new to Power BI, read an article on Getting started with Microsoft Power BI Tool.
In the Power BI desktop I have opened Get Data -> Online Service -> SharePoint Online List. One pop up window will open asking for site URL.
When we are passing the site URL and click on OK. We will get an error as:
Unable to connect. We encountered an error while trying to connect. “Access to the resource is forbidden”.
Access to the resource is forbidden error in Power BI
In the Power BI desktop Click on “Edit Queries” from the ribbon then select on “Data source settings”.
Select on the site URL then click on “Edit Permission” in the Data source settings page.
Click on Edit.
Select on Organizational account then click on Sign in.
Pick an account. And double click on it.
Now when I am trying to give the site URL in getting data no error is coming. In the Navigator page, all the site list are coming.
You may also like the below Power BI tutorials:
- Create a Power BI report from Excel using Power BI Desktop
- Access to the resource is forbidden error in Power BI
- Power BI: Create a various report from SharePoint Online list
- PowerBI Report Filter using Slicer Visualization
- Built-in Date Hierarchy in Power BI
- Power Bi relative date slicer
- Power BI Visualizations
- Power BI Custom Visuals
- Microsoft Power BI Error: This content isn’t available
- Power BI On-premises Data Gateway
- Power BI Error: This content isn’t available
- Power BI Workbooks
- Power BI Buttons
- Enter Data into Power BI Desktop
- How to Split Columns in Power BI
The Power BI article explained to us how to overcome Power BI error “access to the resource is forbidden”.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com