In this article, we will discuss how to resolve “Server error: The version of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation running on the server is more recent than the version of SharePoint Designer you are using” while opening a SharePoint online site using SharePoint designer 2013.
In the SharePoint designer page while clicking on Open Site a new page will come where we are giving our site path. After giving our site on which site we want to create a workflow the above error will come.
Server error: The version of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation running on the server is more recent than the version of SharePoint Designer you are using
To resolve the above error we need to follow the below process.
In SharePoint designer 2013 Click on the File tab and then click on Account.
In the Account page Click on “Switch Account” as highlighted below.
We can able to notice one “Sign In” page. The Sign In page contains two field User ID field and Password field. Here I have given my User ID and password then click on Sign in.
Account page we can able to see User Information. Below the user information, the UserId will display in which we Sign in.
After this, we can able to open the SharePoint site using SharePoint designer 2013.
You may like following SharePoint designer tutorials:
- You do not have permission to open this web site in sharepoint designer 2013
- How to create a workflow using SharePoint designer 2013
- How to Create Workflow History List using PowerShell or using SharePoint Designer 2013
- The expected version of the product was not found on the system error while installing SharePoint designer 2013 Service Pack 1
- This web site has been configured to disallow editing with SharePoint Designer 2013
- Server-side activities have been updated. You need to restart sharepoint designer to use the updated version of activities
- SharePoint designer workflow examples : Steps to create a Leave Request SharePoint designer workflow in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint designer 2013 Workflow Condition: person is a valid sharepoint user with Example
- SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow: Create List Item Action with Example
- Server side updates have been installed. Restart SharePoint designer to get the latest version updated
- [Solved] the term ‘connect-msolservice’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function
In the above SharePoint designer article, we were discussed how to resolve the error “Server error: The version of Microsoft SharePoint Foundation running on the server is more recent than the version of SharePoint Designer you are using” while opening a SharePoint Online site using SharePoint designer 2013.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”