This SharePoint tutorial explains how to solve windows server AppFabric installation error or windows server AppFabric download error SharePoint 2016/2013/2019. The error usually comes while installing prerequisitesinstaller.exe in SharePoint 2016/2013.
Before trying the below solutions, one way to solve windows server AppFabric installation error is to download and install Windows Server AppFabric manually. Sometimes people also search for sharepoint 2016 AppFabric installation error or windows server AppFabric download for sharepoint 2016.
The tool was unable to download windows server AppFabric
Recently I was trying to install the SharePoint server 2016 in Windows server 2016, there I was facing a problem of an error named “Windows Server AppFabric: download error” during the installation of SharePoint server 2016 ‘prerequisiteinstaller’ as given below.
As we know before running the SharePoint server 2016 setup, we need to run the “prerequisiteinstaller.exe” which will download and install all the required prerequisites.
One way is you can manually download the AppFabric component and do the installation, but ideally, it should be done through prerequisiteinstaller.exe.
The error looks like below:
Windows Server AppFabric: download or installation error
We can resolve Window Server Appfabric: download error by doing few changes in Server manager and Internet explorer. We need to change two things.
Off IE Enhanced Security Configuration
1. At first, open the Windows Server Manager and then click on Local Server. Then in the Local Server you can see an option as “IE Enhanced Security Configuration” which will be by default On like below:
2. Click on “On“, this will open the “Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration” dialog box. Choose Off for both Administrators and Users option like below:
3. Finally “IE Enhanced Security Configuration” option looks like Off like below:
Enable File Download Option in Internet Explorer
Next thing we will do is to enable file download option in Internet Explorer.
1. Open Internet Explorer, In internet explorer click on Settings -> ‘Internet Options’.
Then click on ‘Security’ tab. And then in the “Select a zone to view or changes security settings”, Select “Internet“ and then select ‘Custom level’.
In the Security Settings – Internet Zone. Search for ‘Downloads’ and select the “Enable” option of both ‘File download’ and ‘Font download’ and then click on ok.
Once you save the above two things, again run the “prerequisiteinstaller.exe” and this time the error “windows server appfabric download error ” will not come.
You may like following tutorials:
- Create a task scheduler in windows 10 for SharePoint
- PowerShell cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system windows 10
- SharePoint server 2016 installation step by step tutorial on windows server 2016
- SharePoint site columns
- Convert classic SharePoint site to modern communication site using PowerShell
In this tutorial, we will discuss how to solve windows server AppFabric download error sharepoint 2016. The error will also come as a windows server AppFabric installation error in SharePoint 2016/2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com