In this tutorial, we will discuss what is react js and react native? First, we will understand what is react js, and then we will learn what is react native?
SharePoint Online tutorial contents:
What is react js and react native
Now, let us see what is react js and react native.
- React js form tutorial
- React vs Angular in Details
What is react js?
Now, let us try to understand what is react js.
- React js is popular in developing single-page applications apart from web sites and web apps.
- In an MVC framework, react is responsible only for rendering the UI components. Basically react js is a library for building the user interface (UI).
- React js also uses an XML style syntax known as JSX.
- Rather than writing a complex UI, React focuses on components that are small and isolated pieces of code blocks. Then we can easily reuse these components.
- Another advantages of React js is the concept of virtual DOM. If any update happens then the virtual DOM got modified and according to that, the matched real DOM got modified. That’s why it is faster and you will not have a full page refresh rather the part of the page will be refreshed.
What is react native?
Now, let us understand what is react native.
- We can build a user interface using react native, but React native targets the mobile platforms, not browsers.
- By using react native, you can easily develop apps simultaneously for both Android and iOS.
- Another advantage of using react native, when you will develop an application using react native framework, it provides high performance as React works separately from the main UI thread.
- Also, like react, when props or state change, react native re-renders the views.
If you are a developer and using react native, you will get a few more advantages.
- With react native, you can also shrink resources to build mobile applications. Also, you can share most of the codes which you will write. Not all code will be cross-platform but you can use lots of react native code between various applications.
React.js is a library that you can use for building UI (user interface). While React Native is a framework to build cross-platform applications that will render in both iOS and Android.
By using react, you can develop responsive, dynamic interface for the web (browser) while we can use react native to build apps for your mobile devices.
Apart from this react is popular because of the virtual DOM while react native uses its native APIs to render.
In this tutorial, we learned what is react js and react native. Also, we saw, what is the difference between react js and react native.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com