In SharePoint Online modern experience, in the SharePoint Online document library, we did not see the “View in File Explorer” option. Here we will discuss how to resolve the “View in File Explorer” missing issue in SharePoint Online modern document library.
You can see the document library, View in File Explorer is missing, check the fig below?
We can use File Explorer to open any SharePoint online document libraries in File Explorer and then we can move, copy files and folders from your local drive (desktop) to SharePoint online. And also you can open multiple “SharePoint online libraries in file explorer and we can copy or move documents.
Once you Open the document library in File Explorer, you can see it will open like opening a folder in desktop.
“View in File Explorer” is supported in Internet Explorer 11 and 10. It is not supported in browsers like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc. Because it uses ActiveX technology.
If you are new to SharePoint Online modern experience, then you can read below SharePoint Online modern experience tutorials:
- How to move from classic to modern experience in SharePoint online list or document library?
- SharePoint Online modern experience
- SharePoint Online Modern List: Explore 11 New Features
- Quick Chart Web Part in Modern SharePoint Online Site
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
- How to set modern home page in classic SharePoint site in SharePoint Online Office 365?
I was opening in Google Chrome, the same document library when I open in Internet Explorer I can see the “View in File Explorer” option.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- [Solved] Cannot import spreadsheet into SharePoint. This feature requires a browser that supports ActiveX controls in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Add multiple Office templates as a content type to a document library in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- [Solved] The list cannot be imported because a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible spreadsheet application is not installed or is not compatible with your browser
- SharePoint online Unable to read data from the transport connection An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
I hope this article will be helpful to solve the issue View in File Explorer is missing in SharePoint Online Modern document library.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (8 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 15 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com