In this SharePoint customization tutorial, we will discuss, how to uncheck add as a new version to existing files in SharePoint Online or in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Here to uncheck add as a new version to existing files, we will use a piece of jQuery code in SharePoint.
In SharePoint Online or in SharePoint 2013/2016/2016, we can use the upload button to upload a document to a document library. And in the upload button you can see there will be a checkbox “Add as a new version to existing files” presented like below.
If the option is checked (Default), then when a user uploads a file with the same name which is presented in the document library already, then it will add the file with a different version.
One of my client requirement was to uncheck the “Add as a new version to existing files” checkbox by default.
For this, I have added a small piece of jQuery code into the SharePoint site. The code I have to add inside the master page because when I added the code inside a script editor web part, it did not work.
So make sure the code you have to add inside the master page before </head> tag.
Once you add the code inside master page, your code should looks like below:
Then Save the SharePoint master page, and try to upload the document, you can see the checkbox will be unchecked by default like a blow:
You may like following SharePoint customization tutorials:
- Enable or Disable Notebook Link in SharePoint Online classic and modern sites
- SharePoint Online Gantt Chart View for Task List
- SharePoint Column Validation Examples
- Cascading dropdown in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online using jQuery
- SharePoint Left Navigation or Quick Launch Navigation Menu Customization in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- SharePoint Online branding: Creating Accordion Widget or Collapsible panel with Bootstrap
- SharePoint online branding: Images styling by CSS and HTML for SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2016/2013 sites
- How to Create a Tabbed Menu using Bootstrap and HTML in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Hide page title in sharepoint 2013 or SharePoint online using jQuery or CSS
- How to Make image Map and use in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
Hope this SharePoint helps to uncheck add as a new version to existing files in SharePoint online or in SharePoint 2013/2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com