In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to resolve “Unable to connect SharePoint site. The Operation could not be completed” error which comes while trying to publish InfoPath form to SharePoint Online list.
Here I want to customize a list form using InfoPath. Open “InfoPath Designer 2013“. Click on “New”. Under the “Available Form Templates,” we can able to see “Popular Form Templates“. Select “SharePoint List” which comes under the “Popular Form Templates” and click on “Design Form“.
Now we will get a “Data Connection Wizard” page which is asking for our site URL. While I have given our site URL and click on Next we will get “The Operation Could not be completed. Unable to connect to the SharePoint site.” issue.
For the “Unable to connect site InfoPath” issue go to the “InfoPath Designer 2013” page. Click on Account. Under the User Information, we can able to see our username.
The error was coming because the username do not have permission for the particular SharePoint Online site which I wanted to customize using InfoPath.
Once we have given access to the SharePoint Online site, I was able to publish the InfoPath to SharePoint online site.
You may like following InfoPath tutorials:
- InfoPath cannot save the following form access denied SharePoint Online
- Microsoft InfoPath Views Tutorial
- A SharePoint list that contains data required for this form to function correctly cannot be found InfoPath SharePoint online error
- Make attachment field mandatory in InfoPath Designer 2013 in SharePoint Online list
- SharePoint online InfoPath error The form cannot be submitted to the specified SharePoint document library
- InfoPath failed to publish because the default content type in the document library is not based on the Form content type SharePoint Online InfoPath Error
- This feature requires SharePoint 2010 or greater with InfoPath Forms Services enabled
- The URL template.xsn is an unsupported relative URL error in SharePoint online modern form library
- You do not have permissions to access a SharePoint list that contains data required for this form to function correctly
- InfoPath 2013 show hide section using Rules in SharePoint online
- [Solved] the term ‘connect-msolservice’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function
In the above SharePoint article, we learned how to fix the error “Unable to connect SharePoint site” and “The Operation could not be completed” while publishing a list form using InfoPath to SharePoint Online Office 365.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”