In this SharePoint 2013 tutorial, we will discuss how to fix an error that says: Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run.
The error I got while publishing workflow to SharePoint online list using SharePoint 2013 designer.
When I check the details about the error, the full error message was:
System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server. —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did.
It looks like below:
The workflow files were saved but cannot be run
Recently we were developing an email notification workflow using SharePoint 2013 designer for sharepoint online list. But while publishing the workflow, we got the above error. When we check the details of the error we got to know since there is a connection problem, it was giving the error.
I hope this will help to resolve Errors were found when compiling the workflow SharePoint 2013. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run issue.
Read some SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 Workflow Impersonation step missing in Designer
- How to Create Workflow History List using PowerShell or using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Deploy sharepoint 2013 designer workflow into production in SharePoint online
- SharePoint designer 2013 Workflow Condition: person is a valid sharepoint user with Example
- SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow: Do Calculation Action Example
- SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow: Create List Item Action with Example
- Copy Document SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow Action
- SharePoint designer 2013 Workflow: Assign task to group using Assign a task workflow action
- Start a task process SharePoint designer 2013 workflow action
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”