If you are getting the below error while importing spreadsheet in SharePoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint online. The error comes as: The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import. Also, the error can come as: unexpected error importing spreadsheet SharePoint 2013.
The error looks like below:
The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import in SharePoint
The solution is to add the site to “Trusted sites” in Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Settings icon and then click on Internet options.
Then go to the Security tab. Then choose Trusted sites and then click on the Sites button. There add the site in the Add this website to the zone. And click on Add like below:
Now it should work fine.
You may like following tutorials:
- The list cannot be imported because a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible spreadsheet application is not installed or is not compatible with your browser
- Cannot import spreadsheet into SharePoint. This feature requires a browser that supports ActiveX controls
- Export Power BI Reports to Excel
- Create an App using Import Spreadsheet Option in SharePoint
- Import Spreadsheet adding column name as column1 column 2 in SharePoint 2013
- The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import SharePoint 2016
- Upload Excel Data to SharePoint using Import Spreadsheet option in SharePoint
This is how we can fix error, The specified file is not a valid spreadsheet or contains no data to import in SharePoint.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”