This SharePoint 2016 tutorial explains, how to resolve the error “An exception of type System.InvalidOperationException was thrown. Additional exception information: An error occurred while getting information about the user Bijay at server SPSky.com: The RPC server is unavailable” which comes while installing and configuring SharePoint 2016.
The error comes after installing and configuring SharePoint 2016. You can see the below screenshot for more information.
If you will see the log file, you can see the full message
This is a known issue in the SharePoint server 2016 and Microsoft has already released a security update for this issue. Download and Install the Security update from the below URL.
Then restart the machine and run SharePoint 2016 Products Configuration Wizard again and this time the error will not come.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Minimal download strategy (MDS) in SharePoint
- Export Excel Table to SharePoint Online List Step by Step Tutorial
- Retrieve all users from all groups using jsom in SharePoint Online
- How to create SharePoint list using jsom
- SharePoint list View Tutorial
- How to Create Custom Permission Level in SharePoint
- SharePoint Promoted Links tutorial
- Create subsite in SharePoint programmatically using csom visual studio
- Create a Choice type Site Column in SharePoint Hosted Add-in using Visual Studio
- How to configure SSRS in SharePoint 2013/2016
- http error 400. the size of the request headers is too long. sharepoint online
- Server side updates have been installed. Restart SharePoint designer to get the latest version updated
I hope this tutorial, will be helpful to fix error The RPC server is unavailable which comes while installing SharePoint 2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com