Recently I was trying to deploy a SharePoint hosted add-in from visual studio 2015 to a SharePoint online site. But while deploying I got the below error. Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install SharePoint Add-in’: Failed to install SharePoint Add-in. Please see the output window for details.
When I checked the output window, I can see the error like below:
The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.
The page you selected contains a list that does not exist
I have created a SharePoint hosted add-in using visual studio and deployed to SharePoint online site. You can also check a video tutorial on how to create and Deploy SharePoint Hosted Add-in using Visual Studio.
After that, I have added a workflow into that add-in. And after that, I changed the Integrated App to True like below, so that the workflow will be available inside the host web.
The workflow has been attached to the add-in web list. Now after deploy I got the above error.
The solution I figure out is that while adding the workflow, in the SharePoint customization wizard, uncheck the “Yes, associate this workflow with the following libraries and lists. If this step is omitted, you must manually associate the workflow after it is created.” option like below:
If you have already added the workflow, but you want to uncheck the above box, I did not get any option to do this. So better option is to add the workflow once again and uncheck the above option like above. Then the error will not come. If anyone has any solution, kindly add in the comment section.
Read some SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- How to send email to SharePoint group in visual studio 2015 workflow in SharePoint hosted add-in SharePoint online?
- How to call web API from visual studio workflow httpsend activity in SharePoint online?
- Step by step develop workflows using visual studio as an add-in and deploy to host web in SharePoint online?
- SharePoint designer workflow examples: Steps to create a Leave Request SharePoint designer workflow in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint create workflow history list programmatically using client-side object model code (csom)
- Deploy SharePoint 2013 designer workflow into production in SharePoint online
- The collection has not been initialized. It has not been requested or the request has not been executed. It may need to be explicitly requested.
- Page viewer web part in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
I hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to fix error The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com