This SharePoint Online tutorial explains how to solve error The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started. Please contact your Administrator. The error comes while adding a term set in the SharePoint Online term set management tool.
The error looks like below:
The managed metadata service or connection is currently not available SharePoint 2013/2016
To resolve the isssue in SharePoint 2013/2016, Open SharePoint 2013/2016 central administration. And then click on Manage services on server.
Then Services on Server page, search for “Managed metadata service“, click on Start.
The managed metadata service or connection is currently not available SharePoint Online
To resolve the managed metadata service or connection is currently not available issue in SharePoint Online, just wait for sometime, the issue will be resolved.
You may like following SharePoint Online tutorial:
- The Secure Store Service application Secure Store Service is not accessible SharePoint 2016
- Cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding. Please contact your administrator in SharePoint 2016
- How to change Site Collection Administrator in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2019/2016/2013
- SharePoint Online Office 365 enable or disable user account
- Configure the Secure Store Service in SharePoint 2013
- Self-Service Site Collection in SharePoint 2013
- Create SharePoint Online List Programmatically using PnP CSOM
I hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to resolve issue The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started. Please Contact your Administrator.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com