In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to fix the file has been modified by sharepoint error.
Recently, I got this error when I was trying to upload a file to a SharePoint Online document library that has workflow enabled. I have created a list workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 and attached it to the library.
It gave me an error “the file filename has been modified by user on datetime sharepoint” looks like below:
Note: Here I use the Upload button to upload the file to the SharePoint library.
To fix the issue, I have unchecked the “Automatically update the workflow status to the current stage name” option in SharePoint designer workflow.
Just open the workflow using SharePoint designer 2013, then you can see this option in the Settings section like below:
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- failed to load this workflow to correct this problem restart sharepoint designer 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Workflow Impersonation step missing in Designer
- How to Create Workflow History List using PowerShell or using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run error in SharePoint online designer workflow
- SharePoint 2013 workflow example – Create a leave request workflow using SharePoint designer 2013
- SharePoint designer 2013 Workflow Condition: person is a valid sharepoint user with Example
- SharePoint Designer Workflow Declare item as record
- SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow: Do Calculation Action Example
After this I did not get the issue, the file has been modified by sharepoint error.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”