This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to fix error The expected version of the product was not found on the system which comes while installing SharePoint designer 2013 Service Pack 1.
Recently I was trying to download and install service pack 1 for SharePoint designer 2013 but while installing I got the error as The expected version of the product was not found on the system. The error looks like below:
Download Link: SharePoint designer service pack 1 64 bit download
The expected version of the product was not found on the system
Open command prompt in administrator mode (search for cmd and then right-click and click on Run as administrator) and then run the below command.
Once you run the above command, you can see the installation will start like below:
Once you the installation complete, you can see the a successful message like below:
Read some SharePoint designer 2013 tutorials:
- Server side updates have been installed. Restart SharePoint designer to get the latest version updated
- Server-side activities have been updated. You need to restart sharepoint designer to use the updated version of activities
- SharePoint Online Create Workflow History List using PowerShell or using SharePoint Designer 2013
- You do not have permission to open this web site in sharepoint designer 2013
- Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run error in SharePoint online designer workflow
I hope this SharePoint tutorial helps to fix error, The expected version of the product was not found on the system error while installing SharePoint designer 2013 Service Pack 1.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (10 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 17 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com