This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss what is text filter web part in SharePoint? How to configure and use the Text Filter web part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint 2013.
Text Filter web part in SharePoint
SharePoint Text Filter web part is a web part that filters and display the list content according to the text entered by the user manually. The items only are shown when the text is matched with a value for a particular column.
Configure Text Filter web part in SharePoint
The following steps to be followed to configure the Text Filter web part in SharePoint.
Step-1:Create a SharePoint list as Vendor List. The SharePoint list contains the below column Vendor Name, Colour Available, Review and Size.
Step-2: Create a web part page. To add the list to our web part page click on “Add a Web Part “. By clicking on that I will get a dialogue box in the header part of the web part page like below. Now select the list which we want to add then click on Add.
Step-3: To add the text filter again click on “Add a Web Part”. Select “Text Filter” from “Filters” on the dialogue box, click on Add.
Step-4: Now we can see our web part is created. Click on drop down which is on the right side corner of the web part. Now click on “Edit Web Part”.
Step-5: We can see the properties page. In the Filter Name field, we can see a by default name as “Text Filter” but here I am changing the name as Vendor Name. Click on OK.
Step-6: Now we can’t see any changes because the filter is not connected to our list. So we have to give the connection.
While clicking on the drop-down option of the web part page we can see connection options like below. Select the connection we can see Send Filter Values To click on that.
Step-7: Now we can see a dialogue box. Select the Get Filter Values From, from drop-down and click on Configure.
Step-8: One more dialogue box will come. Select the item from the drop-down in the “Consumer Field Name” field which item we want to see in the textbox. I am selecting the “Vendor Name”. Click on Finish.
Step-9: We can see our web part look like below.
Step-10: Click on stop editing which is present in the header part of web part page. Now we can see our page with a text box.
While I am giving the vendor name it will filter the vendor name information from the list and show only that vendor name information.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
I hope this article will be helpful to create, configure and use the Text filter web part in SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”