In this SharePoint Administration tutorial, I will explain how to install and configure SQL server reporting services service applications in SharePoint 2010.
There are two ways to Install and Start the Reporting Services SharePoint Service in SharePoint, we can configure the same using GUI or using SharePoint PowerShell as well.
The trials in this topic guide you over a single server farm installation of a Reporting Services report server in SharePoint mode. This step includes configuration tasks that use SharePoint central administration.
Configure SQL Server Reporting Services Service Application from SharePoint Central Administration
Let us start with GUI mode to configure SQL Server Reporting services application step by step with the screenshot:
- Log in to the SharePoint Server and Open Central Administrator page with farm Admin Permission.
Now click on Manage Services Application under Application Management.
- Once clicked on the same, we will be navigating to Application Page where many applications will be configured by default, here we can configure other application as per our requirement.
- We can navigate this page directly from Central admin using the Appended URL. _admin/ServiceApplications.aspx
Now Click on New option from Ribbon page, and select SQL Server Reporting Services Service Application as highlighted in below screenshot:
- Wait for a moment after clicking on the same, as it will take some time to load the page to update the details. Once the page loaded you can see a form page where we need to update the following fields in terms to configure the SSRS service.
- Service Name: Enter the name of the service, here we can choose as own.
- Application Pool: We can choose the existing Application pool to user service application or can create a new one, in my case we are creating a new Application that will appear under IIS. Under the App pool need to select a Security account for the application pool, recommend using Farm account.
- SSRS Database: Here we need to select the database server name and Enter the Database name, over here we can see the database authentic permission to select store procedure or windows, select windows.
- Web Application association: Select the Web Application to be associated with and provisioned for access by this SQL server reporting service Application.
Once all above field is updated, click on ok and wait for completion of the process to create SSRS service.
- Once the above process will get complete we will get the Successful message on the same page.
- Click on Ok, will navigate to Manage Service Application page under CA.
We can verify this service by checking services under CA page: go to CA > System setting > Manage services on the server and check SSRS service is up and running.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Download and Install SQL Server 2014 SP1 in Windows Server 2016
- microsoft sql server 2012 native client download error sharepoint 2016
- Create a user and give permission in SQL Server
- Windows Server Appfabric: download error
- The RPC server is unavailable error in SharePoint 2016
- Server-side activities have been updated. You need to restart sharepoint designer to use the updated version of activities
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation FREE PDF guide
- SharePoint 2013 server farm Architecture
- How to Configure User Profile Service Application in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Steps to Increase SharePoint Online Storage Quota using PowerShell
I hope this SharePoint administration tutorial gives you an idea on how to Install and Configure SQL Server Reporting Services Service Application in SharePoint 2010.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com