In this SharePoint 2016 tutorial, we will discuss what is site users web part in SharePoint 2016? how to add site users web part in the web part page. We can also see the property present in the site users web part in SharePoint 2016. The same way we can add and use site users web part in web part page in Share Point 2013.
SharePoint Online tutorial contents:
The site user web part is it is a web part which will display all the users and group from the SharePoint 2016 site.
We can add site users web part into a SharePoint 2016 web part page. You can read an article on web part page and wiki page in SharePoint 2016.
The following steps to be followed to add site user web part in the web part page.
Open SharePoint site web part page. Click on “Add a web part” in web part page. Then from the Social Collaboration group choose Site Users web part and click on Add like below:
Now we can see our site user web part is added to web part page, here we can see all user and group in that site.
In below we can see “Add new user” option, by clicking this we can add user in it.
By clicking in it we can get a dialogue box. We can see two fields in the dialogue box. The first field for username and the second option for group or permission.
In a group or permission level field we can find out the drop-down where we can see all the group names and permissions. For example, here I have given the username as “Padmini p” and give the permission as full control like below. Now we can see our user is added to the site user web part.
Properties of site user web part:
In SharePoint 2016 site user web part following properties are present.
– “Number of items to display” field is for how many items you want to display. By default there will be 99 item it will display.
Then in the “Display Type” following three options are presented.
Show people and groups with direct permissions on this site:
This will display all the people and groups with direct permissions on this site.
Once you set this property you can see it will display Site Users and Groups like below:
Show people in this site’s member group:
We can see all the people in site’s member group. Whatever users are presented in the member’s group, it will display.
Now you can see all the users like below:
Show people in the group:
We can see users presented in a particular group. Here I am giving the group name as “Tsinfo Member” click on ok.
Now you can see it will display users from Usinfo Member group like below:
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
Here we discussed what is site user web part in SharePoint 2016? and how to add site user web part in web part page and properties of site user web part in SharePoint online, SharePoint 2016/2013.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”