Here we are discussed what is site aggregator web part and how to add site aggregator web part in the web part page in SharePoint 2016. We can also use the Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Online tutorial contents:
The site aggregator web part is a web part where we can see all of our documents that are created in any number of sites in a single place in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online.
The following steps should be followed to add site aggregator web part in a web part page in SharePoint 2016.
Open the SharePoint web part page and then edit the page. Click on Add a Web Part.
Step-2: Select the “Site aggregator” from “Content Rollup” and click on Add.
Step-3: Now we can get the page like below. Our site aggregator webpart is added to the webpart page.
The below steps to be followed to add all the document which is created on a different site.
Step-1: Click on the icon that appears in the top right of the Site Aggregator.
Step-2: One dialogue box will come. Here we can see two field Site URL and Site Name. For site URL we have to note down the URL and also notice that the URL must end with a slash ‘/’. For example, here I am giving the URL and “Demo for Subsite” . Click on Create.
Now we can see all of our document which is created in that site. Like that we can add any number of sites documents.
Site aggregator web part properties
Now, we will see how to change the property of the site aggregator in SharePoint. The steps to be followed for changing the property.
Step-1: Click on dropdown which is on the top right site of site aggregator page. Click on Edit Web Part.
Step-2: Here we can see two unique properties in site aggregator that is “View” and “URL”. In “View” group have singe property. I can set the character here. That option is for how many characters I want to show in that web part.
We can see one more property that is URL here we can notice a default URL. The default string: _layouts/MyInfo.aspx uses a predefined view that displays content from the site library that shows documents.
We can change the URL also. For example to see Site Content and Structure view which displays all the documents in all the libraries for the site we will give the URL like below.
Click on OK. We will see the Content and Structure page like below.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
In this article, we were discussed what is site aggregator web part and how to add document in any number of sites in site aggregator in SharePoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint Online.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”