In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to fix an error which comes while running a SharePoint designer workflow in SharePoint Online list. The error comes as: Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. If I see the status of the workflow, then the full error comes like below:
Suspend this workflow
Activity in progress
Retrying last request. Next attempt scheduled after 15/02/2018 04:43 AM. Details of last request: HTTP NotFound to https://*************.sharepoint.com/sites/DemoSite/_api/web/lists(guid’909f78d8-9995-4ffc-8e57-d3295130db2a’)/Items(0) Correlation Id: 8127d216-5d92-37f3-80ac-200646a087b3 Instance Id: ec414e47-0296-46db-a89f-d344866264e6
Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.
Retry now. See the fig below:
In the workflow, we were using Update item action and we were updating an item in another list. The error was coming when the Update item action happening.
The problem was happening because there was no record presented in the list, so our workflow was not able to update any item. First, the list will not have any item, we added the item and it started working fine.
Read some SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- Nintex Form & Workflow for Office 365 Training
- How to Create Workflow History List using PowerShell or using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Three State Workflow in SharePoint with Example
- SharePoint designer workflow examples : Steps to create a Leave Request SharePoint designer workflow in SharePoint Online
- Create workflow history list programmatically using csom in Asp.Net web application for SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow: Create List Item Action with Example
- SharePoint designer 2013 Workflow Condition: person is a valid sharepoint user with Example
I hope this SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to fix error, item does not exist. it may have been deleted by another user sharepoint.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”