SharePoint Approved and Rejected buttons not appearing in task form in Visual Studio 2015 workflow. This SharePoint workflow tutorial explains how to solve SharePoint task list approve and reject button disappears issue.
By using SharePoint workflows we can automate various business processes. SharePoint workflows are designed to save you time and effort and to bring consistency and efficiency to tasks that you perform on a regular basis. You can automate fully your daily repeated tasks using workflows.
SharePoint 2013 workflow platform is based on Windows Workflow Foundation 4 (WF). Unlike SharePoint 2010, in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online, the workflow execution engine now lives outside of Office 365 and SharePoint Server 2013, in Microsoft Azure.
We can develop workflows using out of box feature, using SharePoint 2013 Designer or by using Visual Studio 2015.
Recently we were working in a visual studio 2015 workflow for SharePoint online sites. The workflow we have developed as a SharePoint hosted add-in. In that workflow, we have added a custom task content type which was inherited from Workflow Task (SharePoint 2013) parent content type.
After the workflow deployment, we were checking to approve or reject few tasks, but we noticed the Approved and Rejected buttons are not appearing in the Edit task form. So we were not able to approve or reject the tasks. We can only see Save and Cancel button like below:
Solution to SharePoint online task list form Approve Reject button disappears
When we do an analysis we found out that, for one of our requirement we were making the “% Complete” column as hidden. Ideally it is advised that “% Complete” and “Task Status” columns should not be hidden. So we make the “% Complete” column as Optional like below:
After this we were able to see the “Approve” and “Reject” button properly like below:
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 Workflow Impersonation step missing in Designer
- SharePoint designer 2013 Workflow: Assign task to group using Assign a task workflow action
- SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow: Create List Item Action with Example
- SharePoint designer workflow examples: Steps to create a Leave Request SharePoint designer workflow in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint designer workflows: Create your First Workflow using SharePoint designer 2013
- [Video Tutorial] Deploy SharePoint Designer Workflow into Production in SharePoint Online/2013
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
Hopefully, this post may be helpful to resolve SharePoint online task list form Approve Reject button disappears issue.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com