Here we will discuss an overview of the New modern SharePoint admin center. The beauty of using Office 365 SharePoint online is that you will see lots of new features very frequently.
SharePoint Online tutorial contents:
- Site Management in SharePoint Online Admin Center:
- Export Site Lists in SharePoint Online Admin Center
- Different Views in SharePoint Online Admin Center
- Site Details in SharePoint Online Admin Center
- Recycle Bin in SharePoint Online Admin Center
- Settings in SharePoint Online Admin Center
- API Management in SharePoint Online Admin Center
Introduction to new SharePoint Online Admin Center:
As I have set my Office 365 tenant for Targeted release (previously known as First Release), I got the update to “Try the new SharePoint admin center preview”. I can see that from my SharePoint admin center. To open SharePoint admin center, login to Office portal and then expand Admin centers and then click on “SharePoint”.
Then in the SharePoint admin center home page, you can see in the Top right corner “Try the new SharePoint admin center preview”, Click on that link.
It will redirect to the new SharePoint admin center home page. Over all the home page looks like below:
The home page has various section.
- The left side of the section provides an easy navigation. You can navigate to Home, Site management page, Recycle bin, Settings and API management
- In the “Total and active sites“, it will display all the Total and active sites. You can see in graphical presentation on day wise also.
- In the “Service health“, you can see the service health activities.
- “Message center“, You can see the message from Office 365.
- You can use “Go to the classic SharePoint admin center” to go back to the classic center.
Also, you can read some SharePoint online tutorials:
- SharePoint Online modern experience
- SharePoint Online Modern List: Explore 11 New Features
- Impact on InfoPath in modern UI in SharePoint online office 365
This view will display all the site collections in your Office 365 tenant. In this view also you can see the Site name, Storage used in MB, primary admin, the template used in the site collection, Last activity, and site created on and the URL like below:
You can export all the sites to an excel format using “Export to Excel” option.
In the new SharePoint admin center, you can see different views on the Site management. Like you can see a view of Largest sites, Most popular shared sites, Least active sites like this. You can see all the views like below:
Like you can see if I choose “Largest sites” view it will display all sites in ascending order with Storage used in MB.
You can select any site and then you will be able to see various useful details about the site. Like “page views in last 30 days”, Files viewed or modified in last 30 days, Last activity, storage size, domain name, site url, site template used, primary admin, admins etc.
Click on the Recycle bin to check all your deleted items.
Click on the Settings link to go to the Settings page.
There you can see two options as of today.
List & libraries settings
Click on Lists & libraries, use can choose the option to use the new experience.
Similarly, you can choose “Allow notifications” so that user will be able to see notifications about SharePoint content.
Here you can control the third-party APIs that can be called by apps and custom script.
Read some SharePoint web part tutorials:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
- Hero Web Part in SharePoint Online Modern Site
- Customize list view using jslink in SharePoint
I hope this article will be helpful to know about Office 365 SharePoint Online’s new modern admin experience.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com