In this SharePoint tutorial, I will explain how to fix error as “SharePoint List Calculated Column Division #DIV/0!“.
Error: SharePoint List Calculated Column Division #DIV/0!
I have a SharePoint List as Sales Product. This SharePoint List has many numbers of columns with different data types. In between that, there is a calculated column (Projected MTD Sales vs Budget Value) that is based upon two other columns. Those two columns are:
- Projected MTD Sales (Number Data type) and
- Budget Value (Number Data type)
As per my requirement, I want to calculate the percentage over two columns. For that, I have to divide the column as:
[Projected MTD Sales]/[Budget Value]
When both of the columns (Projected MTD Sales & Budget Value) contain Zero value, then at that time, the result was appearing as “#DIV/0!”.
Since both of the columns are number data types, So I have tried again and again and the result was out the same as the previous.
SharePoint List Calculated Column Division #DIV/0!
When both of the columns should contain zero value, then you can see the resulting error value will appear as like below screenshot.
When both of the columns should contain some number value, then it will calculate and show the exact value where you can see in the 4th option of the below screenshot.
Whereas, I have used this below formula in the SharePoint list Calculated column while the error was appearing.
After that, I searched and got one formula which worked for me fine. You can put the below formula to get an appropriate value as:
You can follow the below screen to get the exact calculated value.
Once you refresh the SharePoint List, then the calculated value will appear as the below screenshot.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint Column Validation Examples
- Lookup column in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Working with Title Column in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online List
- Add an Index to List or Library Column in SharePoint Online
- How to Create Report in Power BI from SharePoint List
- Power BI report using People Picker Field
- Setup and Manage Access Request Settings in SharePoint Online
- How to Make image Map and use in SharePoint Online
- Generate URL using Calculated column in SharePoint List
- Color Code SharePoint List Column Value based on Condition using Calculated Column
- Concatenate multiple columns in List using Calculated Column in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online: Calculated column to get month and year from date
- SharePoint Calculated column to display duration between two dates in Hour-Minute
- How to add thumbnail column in SharePoint Document Library
- Disable attachments in SharePoint list
In this SharePoint tutorial, We learned how to fix error an error as “SharePoint List Calculated Column Division #DIV/0!“.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com