In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss on SharePoint date filter web part. How we can configure and use date filter web part SharePoint 2013/2016/Online. Here I will show you how to filter list data by using a date field in SharePoint Online.
SharePoint date filter web part
Here I have a SharePoint Online task list and I will use a date filter to filter records from the SharePoint list. From this SharePoint list filter example, I will use a SharePoint 2016 list.
Below is my SharePoint 2016 task list which has few items.
Now we will add a web part to a web part page in SharePoint 2016. In that web part page, we will add a date filter web part.
Click on Add a web part link in the web part page in SharePoint. Then choose “Date Filter” web part from Filters web part categories.
You can see the Date Filter web part in the web part page like below:
Now in the same web part page, we will add our SharePoint task list like below:
Now if you can see our task list and date filter web part in the same web part page in SharePoint 2016.
Now we can make the connection. From edit option of the Date Filter web part, click on Connections -> Send Filter Values To and then choose the task list, here it is EmployeeTaskList like below:
Then in the Connection Type Choose Get Filter Values From like below:
Then choose Due Date from SharePoint list column, here I have chosen Due Date column from SharePoint task list.
Now you can see here, I have chosen a Date from the Date Filter like below, and it filters the record based on the due date and shows records like below:
You may also like following SharePoint web part tutorials:
- Content Search web part in SharePoint Online
- Content query web part SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016
- Display SharePoint Online List Items using a Content Search web part
- SharePoint Online customize search box web part
- Choice Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint Online with Example
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- How to use Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- How to use Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- Quick Chart Web Part in Modern SharePoint Online Site
- SharePoint Online Modern List and Document Library Web Part
- Hero Web Part in SharePoint Online Modern Site
In this post, we have discussed how to use the SharePoint date filter web part in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2016/2013. We have shown how we can filter records of a SharePoint task list.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (8 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 15 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com