In this SharePoint tutorial, We will discuss how to solve SharePoint column does not exist it may have been deleted by another user error. The error comes while I was trying to add a list column to a list view using PnP core CSOM library.
Recently I was creating a provider hosted add-in for SharePoint Online site. There I was trying to create a site column and then I was trying to add that column to the list view using PnP core SharePoint CSOM library.
The error was not coming while creating the site column but when I was trying to add that column to a SharePoint list view, then it was giving the error as Column name does not exist it may have been deleted by another user.
I was trying to add a column name as “MyColumn(LB)” to the view. When I was running the code, an error was coming that “MyColumn(LB) does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user“.
You can see the error message as like below screenshot.
SharePoint column does not exist. it may have been deleted by another user
The Solution of this above error is: You should remove the braces () from the internal column name. Because it doesn’t support any bracket() with the internal column name. Once you will remove the bracket() and again run the code, then it will execute and give the appropriate result.
You may like following SharePoint Online tutorials:
- SharePoint Hosted App or Add-in Example: Create Site Column, Content type
andList in SharePoint Online using Visual Studio 2017
- Working with InfoPath form library SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- SharePoint Column Validation Examples
- Create a PowerApps App from PowerApps template
- Working with SharePoint Calendar in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- How to display more than 3 views in SharePoint 2013/2016 list or document library
- Cannot complete this action error in SharePoint 2013
- Print multiple InfoPath form views in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Create a custom list and view in SharePoint designer 2013
- The list is too large to save as a template the size of a template cannot exceed 524288000 bytes
In this SharePoint PnP tutorial, We discussed the solution of an error as “Column name does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user“
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com