This SharePoint 2016 tutorial, we will discuss how to change the default log file location in SharePoint 2016. The same way we can change the log file location in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2010 also.
What is default log file location in SharePoint?
SharePoint tracks all the transactions in a log file and by default SharePoint log files are stored in the following location
- SharePoint 2016:
C:\Program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\LOGS
- SharePoint 2013:
C:\Program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS
- SharePoint 2010:
C:\Program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS
Change Share Point 2016 log files location to a different drive?
We can change the default log file location in SharePoint 2016. The following steps to be followed to change the log file driver location to another drive.
Step-1: Go to SharePoint 2016 central admin. Click on Monitoring.
Step-2: In Monitoring Page click on “Configure diagnostic logging”.
Step-3: Here in “Diagnostic Logging” in the below we can see the path field. In path field we have to give the path in which path we want to store the log files. Click on ok.
Step-4: Click on “Configure usage and health data collection”.
Step-5: Change the path here where you want move the log files . Click on ok.Now we can see our log files are in G drive.
You may like following SharePoint 2016 tutorials:
- SharePoint 2016 usage analytics
- SharePoint 2016 permission levels
- Microsoft .net framework 4.6 installation error SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2016 Open HTML File in Browser Instead of Promoting to Download
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Team site and publishing site in SharePoint 2016
- What is site column in SharePoint
- microsoft sql server 2012 native client download error sharepoint 2016
- The RPC server is unavailable error in SharePoint 2016
This tutorial, we learned how to move the log file locations from one drive to another drive in SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (8 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 15 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com