This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss what is a blog notification web part and how to add a Blog Notification Web part into a web part page in SharePoint 2016. Also, we will see what are the notifications we can get by using this web part? The same way we can use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Online tutorial contents:
Blog Notification Web Part provides quick links to register for blog posts notifications using Alerts or RSS feed. In Blog Site, you may not find it easy to get Site Page under Site Contents you can follow this link to activate the feature discussed in the previous topic.
What Blog Notification web part contains?
Blog Notification web part contains:
– ALERT ME
– RSS FEED
First, we will see how we can create a web part page in SharePoint 2016 and then we will see how we can add a blog notification web part to the web part page.
Click on Site Pages to view the pages and to create Web part page.
Click on New Document and then click on Web Part Page to Create a new Web Part Page.
Type a file name and choose a layout and choose Save Location to Save the web Part. And click on Create.
Open the web part page. Click on “Add a Web part”.
From Category Menu Choose Blog and then on Blog Notification and click on Add
You can see a Web Part is created with tow Blog Notifications as RSS FEED and ALERT ME.
Click on ALERT ME to create alert for the page admins and users. Here you can choose delivery methods like E-mail or Text Messages and alerts for Change types with when to send those alerts like notifying Send notification immediately, Send a daily summary, and Send a weekly summary.
You can click on RSS subscribe the feeds where your reader can easily track changes to important lists and libraries.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
We had discussed what is a blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016? How to add a blog notification web part into a web part page in SharePoint 2016/2013.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”