In this article, we will discuss how to move a web part from one web part zone to another web part zone inside a web part page in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint online. We will see how we can move a web part to another web part in SharePoint online new look and feel (SharePoint online modern experience).
Here I have created a web part page and add two web parts in it. You can see below I have added two content editor web part in web part page.
In one content editor web part I have added a news list which is presented in the “Left Column” web part zone and in another content editor web part I have added the task list which is presented in the Middle Column Zone. I want to change the news list web part position to the “Header” zone.
Because we want to change the news list position to the header zone of the web part page. So we have to click on the right corner we can see Edit Web Part. Click on that.
We will get a property page of the Content Editor web part. Expand the “Layout” option ,we can see Zone and Zone Index. Now in zone option, we can see Left Column so my webpart position we can see in Left column. We can change the position anywhere as per the requirement.
If you have multiple web parts in one web part zone, Zone Index will be helpful. If you have 5 web parts in one web part zone, then you can set from 0 to 5 and the web parts will appear as per the index.
We want to see the task list in the header zone so I had to change the Zone position from the left column to Header like below. We want to see in the zero indexes so I had set the zone index to zero. Click on Apply and OK.
Now we can see the news list in “Header” web part zone.
Then click on the Move web part icon to move the web part to another web part zone. See the fig below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Content Search web part in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Online search result web part display documents created or modified by current user
- Content query web part SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016
- Display SharePoint Online List Items using a Content Search web part
- SharePoint Online customize search box web part
- How to use Page viewer web part in SharePoint 2016/2013 or Online
- Choice Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint Online with Example
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- How to use SharePoint date filter web part in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
Here we discussed how to move a web part from one web part zone to another web part zone in SharePoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint online.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com