Recently I developed a visual web part using visual studio 2017 for SharePoint 2016 site. I deployed the web part to SharePoint 2016 site and when I try to add to it is giving me an error saying: $Resources:core,Import ErrorMessage. And it did not allow me to add the web part to the page.
$Resources:core,Import ErrorMessage SharePoint error
Here I first developed a sandboxed solution instead of a farm solution and then that sandboxed solution, I added a visual web part into the solution.
Since SharePoint visual web parts are not allowed in solution, I changed it to farm solution by following the below steps:
Select the Project name and press F4. This will open the Properties dialog box. Then change “Sandboxed Solution” property to False. And then we deployed the web part. But it gave the above error.
To resolve this we need to change another property “Include Assembly In Package” to True.
To do this:
- Select the Project, press F4.
- Then change “Include Assembly In Package” to True.
Then deploy the visual web part and it should work fine.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Microsoft .net framework 4.6 installation error SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint_Config (Suspect) issue in SharePoint 2019/2016/2013
- SharePoint 2016/2013 event receiver example using Visual studio 2017
- Create a Document Library with Columns programmatically in SharePoint 2016/2013 using Visual Studio 2017
- How to upload documents to SharePoint document library programmatically with metadata
- SharePoint 2016 usage analytics
- SharePoint 2016 permission levels
- SharePoint Create Subsite with Unique Permissions in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Sync SharePoint Online Document Library with OneDrive and Work with Files Offline
- Rating and Generate File plan Report in SharePoint Online/2013/2016 Document Library
In this SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to fix error $Resources:core,Import ErrorMessage SharePoint error which comes while developing a visual web part in SharePoint 2016.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”