In this article, we will discuss how to resolve the below error while creating a new web application in SharePoint 2016. Recently after installing SharePoint 2016, when I tried to create a new SharePoint web application through SharePoint 2016 central administration, But after some time, it gave error as: “Sorry, something went wrong, Request timed out”.
Request timed out error while Creating New Web Application in SharePoint 2016
To resolve the issue we have to change the Shutdown Time Limit of the application pool.
Click window+r in the system. Type intmgr in the search box like below. Click on OK.
This will open Internet Information Service(IIS) Manager page. Expand TSINFOTECH(TSINFO\Administrator) which appear on the left side.
Select the Application Pools which is under TSINFOTECH(TSINFO\Administrator).
Select one Application Pools and right click on that we can able to see “Advanced Settings”. Click on “Advanced Settings”. From the right side navigation, we can also directly click on “Advanced Settings”.
In the “Advanced Settings,” we can able to see Shutdown Time Limit (seconds) option. By default the time will be 90 seconds, increase that to 300 seconds.
Otherwise, we can change the “Idle Time-out Reached” which is present under the “Generate Process Model Event Log Entry“. Change the “True” option to “False“.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- New-SPWebApplication ApplicationPoolAccount is not found error while creating SharePoint 2016 web application using PowerShell
- Can’t load the application on this page. Use the browser Back button to retry while adding SPFx web part into Microsoft Teams
- SharePoint Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl csom
- The file you imported is not valid. Verify that the file is a web part description file (*.webpart or *.dwp) and that it contains well-formed XML SharePoint Error
- Install and Configure SQL Server Reporting Services Service Application in SharePoint 2010
- [spfx-serve] The api entry could not be loaded: node_modules/@microsoft/sp-webpart-workbench/lib/api/ in SharePoint Framework
- cannot find module ‘@microsoft/sp-build-web’ SharePoint Framework (spfx)
In the above article, we will discuss how to resolve the Request Timed out issue while creating a new web application in SharePoint 2016.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”