This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss what is relevant document web part and how to add the web part in a web part page in SharePoint 2016. The same way we can use relevant document web part in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint online.
What is relevant document web part in SharePoint?
“Relevant document web part” is a web part which will display the relevant documents to the current user.
- What are the documents the current user recently modified?
- What are the documents added by the current user?
- What are the documents the current user recently checked?
In another word, we can say the “Relevant document web part” is used for document management purposes in SharePoint. It shows a personalized view of all the documents which current user working with that.
Add Relevant Document web part on the web part page
The following steps to be followed to add a Relevant document web part in the web part page in SharePoint 2016.
First, go to a Web part page. Click on “Add a Web Part”. We can see different Web Part. In “Content Rollup” we can see “Relevant Document”. Click on Add.
Now we can see our “Relevant Documents” added to our web part page. It will by default only display documents that were last modified by the current user.
Click on the drop-down arrow in the upper right-hand corner of the web part, and select Edit Web Part from the drop-down menu that appears.
From the Relevant Documents, toolbar expands the Data we can see the following options
- Include documents last modified by me.
- Include documents created by me.
- Include documents checked out to me.
- Display a link to the containing folder or list.
We can enable all the option but according to our business requirement, we have to enable the option.
Here we can see one more field “Maximum number of items shown”. “Relevant document” web part contains the document in between 1 to 10,000. We can give the value in the field. Here I am giving the value 20 means 20 elements we can see in the relevant document.
Read some SharePoint 2013 out of box web parts:
- Hero Web Part in SharePoint Online Modern Site
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- How to use Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- What is a list filter web part SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- How to use Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Content Search web part in SharePoint Online
- Content query web part SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016
- SharePoint Online customize search box web part
- Choice Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint Online with Example
- How to use SharePoint date filter web part in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
We discussed, what the relevant document web part is and how to add a relevant document web part in a web part page in SharePoint 2016.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”