This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss what is the Query String web part is in SharePoint. How to create and configure Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online.
Query String filter web part in SharePoint
Query String filter web part is a web part in SharePoint 2016 which will filter the list item and display in the web part page based on the query string parameter.
Configure SharePoint Query String web part
The following steps to be followed to give the filter connection to list.
Step-1: First create a SharePoint list. Here I have created the list named “VendorList” like below and added vendor name, color available, review and size column in that list. Here I want to display the list item based on the review parameter.
Step-2: Create a SharePoint web part page. Click on the add web part. We can find the below dialogue box in the above of the web part page. In the Apps, we can found our list. Add that list into the web part page. Here I have added the vendor list on the web part page.
Step-3: Add the query string filter web part in web part page like below.
Step-4: In Query String Filter web part click on open the tool pane.
Step-5: We can find out the filter name as “Query String” which is by default. In Query string parameter Name we have to give the parameter name on which basis you have to filter the list item.
Here I am giving the parameter name as Review.
Below the Query String Parameter Name we can notice the default value field. In what default value you want to filter the list. I have choose the average as a Default value.
Step-6: After giving the parameter name and default I would not find out any changes because I did not give the connection to list.
We can see also in Query String filter web part that “this filter is not connected”.
To give the web part connection to the SharePoint list we have to click on the drop-down option which is present in top right side corner of the Query String web part. Click on Connections we can find two options Send Filter Values to and Send default value to. I have chosen send filters value to.
Step-7: By clicking on Send Filter Values To we will find a dialogue box like below. Here we have to choose the “Get Filter Values From” and click on “Configure”.
Step-8: By selecting Get filter values from we will get another dialogue box like below. We can see “Consumer Field Name ” field, here from dropdown we have to choose the parameter name. Click on Finish.
Step-9: Now we can see in Vendor List the web part only display the items whose Review is average.
We have to give the below URL to see the all items whose Review is good.
?Review=good: This is our query string parameter.
We can see the items in quick navigation also. By clicking on edit links we can get the dialog box like below. Here we have to give Text to Display field name and in Address field the query string parameter like below.
I have given the display name as “Average Vendors” so in the quick navigation we can see like below. Similarly, I have added Very good vendors and good vendors.
By clicking on Average Vendor we can see all the items of the list whose review is average.
By selecting the Very Good Vendors we can see all the items whose review is very good.
When I am clicking on Good Vendors we can see the items whose review is very good.s
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss what is Query String filter web part in SharePoint. How to configure query string web part in SharePoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint Online.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”