In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to solve only secure content is displayed error which comes while using Page viewer web part in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
Recently I was using page viewer web part in SharePoint Online site. I was displaying a URL inside the page viewer web part. But in IE it was showing error as Only secure content is displayed.
And once I click on Show all content. Then only it will show the content from the page viewer web part.
Only secure content is displayed SharePoint
Below are two solutions which you can try to solve only secure content is displayed the warning message.
Inside my SharePoint online page viewer web part, I was trying to show http://www.enjoysharepoint.com URL.
Since SharePoint online site is an https site and this one is an HTTP site. It was showing that warning message. The page viewer web part url was like below:
When I change the URL to an “https” URL. It started showing the page without the warning message.
SharePoint page viewer only secure content is displayed
The other option is we can disable that warning message in the browser itself. Open Internet Explorer -> On the Tool menu, click Internet Options -> Click the Security tab and then click Custom level -> In the Settings box, scroll down to the Miscellaneous section, and under Display mixed content choose Enable.
It looks like below:
You may like following SharePoint Online Office 365 tutorials:
- Page viewer web part in SharePoint Online/2016/2013
- How to Customize Office 365 login page SharePoint Online
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- How to change Master Page in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
- Working with web part page and wiki page in SharePoint 2016
- Hide page title in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint online using jQuery or CSS
- Document Sets welcome page was not appearing in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint online document library aspx pages asking to save not opening in browser
- Content query web part SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016
- Approve/Reject documents or items using Content Approval in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2016/2013
Hope this will be helpful to resolve SharePoint page viewer only secure content is displayed warning message issue in IE.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”