This Office 365 tutorial, we will see incoming and outgoing mail server details in Office 365. If you want to configure your email client application to access Office 365, then you need the incoming and outgoing email settings of Office 365. Either you can use Exchange or you can use (IMAP) Internet Message Access Protocol settings to access your Office 365 email using email client.
One of the advantages of using Exchange over IMAP is that you just need to provide your Office 365 email and password for setup your account.
All Outlook versions are not supported to use Office 365 email. Below are the Outlook versions supported:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2010 SP2, version 14.0.7015.1000 (and greater)
- Outlook 2013 SP1, version 15.0.4569.1506 (and greater)
- Outlook 2016 for Mac
Below are the POP and IMAP, SMTP server details for the setting of Office 365 email.
|Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server||outlook.office365.com||993|
|Incoming Mail (POP) Server||outlook.office365.com||995|
|Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server||smtp.office365.com||587|
Read some Office 365 tutorials:
- Microsoft office 365 chatbot
- Office 365 steps to Remove Former Employee License and User account
- SharePoint online Office 365 Increase site storage for SharePoint online sites
- How to send email using PowerShell in Office 365
- How to set Targeted release or First Release in Office 365 tenant?
- Office 365 DLP Policy Stuck Deleting Security & Compliance Center
- Error=Value=QuotaExceeded Tag=0x0121d3da SharePoint Online Office 365
- Create Bulk Users in Office 365 (from CSV File)
- What is Shared mailbox in Office 365?
- SharePoint Online Office 365 enable or disable user account
- [Solved] rms online is configured for this tenant but is turned off, please turn on in office 365 to enable
I hope this Office 365 tutorial help you to know Office 365 incoming and outgoing mail server details.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (8 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 15 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com