This SharePoint tutorial, we will learn how to fix the error, No item exists at URL. It may have been deleted or renamed by another user.
Recently I was trying to access a web part page in SharePoint online with a query string parameter. But when we enter to open the page it gave an error saying: Sorry, something went wrong. No item exists at https://url. It may have been deleted or renamed by another user. The error looks like below.
I just created a web part page in SharePoint online and when I open the page it opened correctly. But if I added a query string parameter like ID=5, it throws the error.
Here in this screenshot, it is clearly telling that “No item exists at that URL where ID=5”. So the solution of this problem is given below-
No item exists at URL. It may have been deleted or renamed by another user
We can not use “ID” in the query string in SharePoint because the “ID” is already reserved Query String Parameter in the SharePoint Site. So we have to take another parameter name, here I have modified the “ID” to “MyID”. After changing the ID to MyID, I can access the URL.
So we can not use the reserved keywords for Query String Parameter in SharePoint. Below are the words which you should not use as QueryString parameter name.
So these are the Query String Parameter which is already reserved in SharePoint Site. Hence we can not use these reserved parameters in SharePoint.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to retrieve Query String Value using JQuery in SharePoint Online?
- SharePoint online You must check out this item before making changes. Do you want to check out this item now?
- Import excel spreadsheet into SharePoint list 2013
- SharePoint online workflow error Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user
- The following feature couldn’t be installed .net framework 3.5 server 2016
- System.InvalidOperationException: Configuration HistoryListId was not found and a default value was not specified
- microsoft sync framework runtime v1.0 sp1 (x64) download error sharepoint 2016
- Error connecting to the workflow manager in Nintex office 365
- How to Enable Advanced settings in SharePoint Online Admin Center?
This is how we can fix error, No item exists at URL. It may have been deleted or renamed by another user which comes in SharePoint 2013/2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com